Saturday, November 24, 2007

My Season and Thanks



There was a lovely frost on the ground this morning. It just looked so pretty in the early morning sunlight that I had to try and capture it.

Fall is my favorite season because in my opinion, it has all the bestest things. The leaves change and look so pretty on the trees and then they fall and they crunch so nicely under my feet. It is just cold enough for the air to have that delightful cold smell, but not so cold that I can't stand outside and enjoy it. I can begin to snuggle up in long sleeves, sweaters, and blankets, and as a professional snuggler that makes me very happy. Cider, wine, and mulling spices can be brought together in wonderful harmony. On Halloween you can watch all the kids have a blast dressing up and going door to door pillaging for candy. And then as the last big holiday of the fall season, you get together and have dinner with friends and family.

Some things I'm thankful for:
Family, friends, a nice place to live, my boyfriend, my kitties who forever love me, financial aid that allows me to go to school, finally having a career to work towards that I'll enjoy, knitting, yarn, and many many more things. I'm one lucky girl.

Look at that... I actually did a blogstalking assignment!

3 comments:

KnitaSaur said...

I am so jealous of your photography skills! What a great picture!

Linda said...

that picture needs to be in a frame on my wall!!! Absolutely lovely.

Batty said...

Lovely picture. I wish we had frost!